Saturday, August 18, 2012

Blogger Friends I Need YOU!!!


If you've ever read my blog, even once, you know the special little girl I advocate for. But just in case you're new here I'll tell you a bit about her. And if you're not new maybe a reminder as to why I love her so.

Her name is Nastya. She just turned 7 last month and is in need of a family. She has spina bifida and hydrocephalus. (So does my little sister and although this particular special need can make life different I wouldn't trade my sister for the entire world, obviously :)

So here's the deal. Reece's Rainbow has an Angel Tree every year. Normally just the children with Down Syndrome ages 0-5 get a place on the Angel Tree. But people like myself have too often asked why can't the other children get a spot on the tree? Well Reece's Rainbow listened!! As they often do :)

This year there are a selected number of children from EACH CATEGORY that are going to be put on a voting panel. The two children with the highest votes automatically gets a place on the Angel Tree.

Well my problem, Nastya is not on the list of pre-selected children to be voted on.    :(   However; because Reece's Rainbow is sooo great, they've allowed a loop hole.

For every $5 donation to the Voice of Hope fund DURING THE SELECTED WEEK your name can go into a drawing. Once placed in the drawing the winner gets to choose which child in that category they would like to add to the Angel Tree!

So Nastya still has a chance to be put on the Tree!! Saying I REALLY want her on the Angle Tree is an understatement. So here's what we do. Nasya falls under the catagory of Other Angels ages 6-9. And that voting week starts August 31st and goes until September 6th.

I, along with some friends and family, will be donating $5 as many times as we possibly can that week. I would like to ask all of you, my blog friends to join with me and do the same. If my little girl gets on this tree she has a better chance for her grant to grow, her face to be seen, and to find her family.

Now remember the week starts August 31. So hold tight until then. And thank you. Ahead of time!

-Sabrina


No comments:

Post a Comment