Thursday, June 7, 2012

Giving credit where it is due!

So yesterday was a normal day.

I usually go to church about an hour early on Wednesday nights to fulfill a commitment to the nursery. Well let me back up a minute so you get a grasp on the full miracle!

Some people live paycheck to paycheck. For now, my family would most likely be listed in that category of people. So on Tuesday we were counting change to make sure there was gas for my husband to go to work. As you can imagine there is only so much change just laying around the house (lol). So when Wednesday came, I was almost sure we had gathered every penny. However, when I went back to my purse there was 38 more cents. (I am almost definite I had gotten every penny out the day before.)

Now I'm not telling this story for sympathy. AT ALL!! But I have to tell it so everybody know's that my Jesus is alive and he does truly meet all our needs. He gets all the glory here!!

So once we gathered every penny we could find we counted it and we had reached a whopping $1.35. In that amount there was 5 dimes and the rest were, you guessed it, pennies.

I was on the phone a little earlier that day with a teenager who likes to ride with my family to church. I had to make a decision. I had enough gas to get to church and back. That was it! So I called her and told her to see if she could ride with another family. That I was sorry, but if I came and picked her up we all would be walking. She would have to carry my oldest and I would be carrying the baby.

Since that wasn't very appealing, she said she was call someone else. We hung up and I got my kids packed in the car with the $1.35 and my husbands work phone, just in case.

I went to the closest gas station. Locked all my doors, (my children were in the car) and walked the 10 feet to the door to go in.

I walked in, keeping an ever constant eye on my kids, and told the teller, "First of all I don't hate you." I had said this as I was dumping the mountain of change in his hand.

He told me it was fine. I explained to him that I kept looking out the door because my kids were in the car and I didn't like leaving them (although they were 10 feet away, with all the doors locked, and I live in a pretty small town)

The conversation lasted all of 2 minutes and I went back outside to the pumps.

I was hanging the pump back up when the teller came over to where I was and told me, "Pump some more."

Ummmm. ok. So once the moment of shock wore off enough for me to gather myself I pumped $2.00. Very confused I went back in the store with a smile and asked, "Exactly, .... how much ..... more?"

He told me $5.00. So I went back outside pumped the other $3.00 and headed back in to thank the guy. I was so excited to watch God move! When I got back in the car I called my husband and told him the story! We both were so excited. God provided just enough to meet our need, because after all, at our meals we pray, give us Lord our DAILY bread.

Remember the teenager? I now had enough gas to pick her up, share this story with her, and get to church on time for the kids. You CAN NOT tell me God does not meet our needs. And you CAN NOT tell me he doesn't give us the pure desires of our heart.

You can't have that many coincidences at one time. That's Jesus my friend. Working right here in this small town. In every day life.


No comments:

Post a Comment